// Wattay Airport Terminal
Wattay Airport Terminal
Project duration: August 2014 to September 2020
Client: Department of Civil Aviation / MPWT
A US$70 million expansion and renovation project of the international and domestic passenger terminals.
As JV partner, LCG provided the following services with the international partners:
- Carried out engineering surveys including topographical, geotechnical, and material availability surveys;
- Prepared detailed design (architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, and infrastructure designs);
- Prepared detailed bill of quantities and technical specifications;
- Carried out construction supervision of the works and handover process as well as monitoring of defects during the defect’s liability period; and
- Assisted in the implementation of the Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMMP).
This included the design and construction of airport maintenance workshop, design and construction of temporary domestic passenger terminal building, design and construction/installation of new utilities, design and construction of new infrastructural works with the following details:
- International passenger terminal (3-storey) expansion 11,500m2, renovation 3,200m2, including related equipment (boarding bridges, baggage handling system, x-ray machines, metal detectors and ramp buses);
- Domestic passenger terminal (2-storey) expansion 6,500 m2 including related equipment (boarding bridges, baggage handling system, x-ray machines, metal detectors and ramp bus); and
- Infrastructure works (pavement: 27,700m2, box culverts, landscaping, taxiway lighting).